First Disco queries

Dads Toy

HI folks,

I'm new on this forum but have previously been on the Defender forum for a few years until some ba***rd stole mine! :angry:

I now have a Discovery 2 and have a few new owner questions.

It's described as an "E" model and is in very good nick ( damn, not much tinkering to start with)

According to microcat it should have air suspension at the back but it has coil springs, looks like it's been that way from new with no sign of a compressor or any associated pipework. I assume it came out the factory like this.

I'd like to get a cover for the rear load space, but can't see how it would fit!

There are recesses behind the rear seats that the roller would sit in but nothing for the cover to hook onto further back. How do they fit?

Any suggestions for side steps that don't cost the earth?

It's a Td5 with only 41,000miles on the clock so what should I look out for (been used to a 300Tdi) that's been serviced intermittently.

Cheers

Malcolm

IIRC rear suspension is determined by number of seats- 7 seat models had air suspension, 5 seat had coil springs (less to go wrong :) )

The load space cover is like a roller blind. It should have a hole in each corner of the material which fits onto a small hook on the trim either side of the rear door.

Dave

Thanks, got a blind on it's way - only problem is I don't have any hooks at all to fit it onto. Trim is pretty immaculate and no sign of them ever being there. One suggestion I have is they screw onto the bodywork behind the trim which means taking it off. Recipe for ripping fum methinks!

Malcolm