any pointers

I have fitted a td5 into my 200 tdi 90 ,its a 2003 15p engine and box and came with engine loom and ecu , after much umming and arring I have also fitted a 2004 bulkhead complete with loom, clocks, throttle pedal ect ect , my first problem was the fuel pump woulden't run with the ignition on but this turned out to be an earth problem (pump grafted into under seat tank).

on to my problem..........it wont start... turns over a treat , I have purged the fuel many times (sounds a bit squishy as the fuel go's around the system)

I wondered if the 10as alarm on the bulkhead is not in sync with the ecu ?

any ideas as to what to try

cheers john

Thanks for the reply anderzander

I have run a earth directly from battery to ecu.

I'm not sure about the alarm could It be armed? I got the ignition key with the bulkhead but no fob

Also I'm not sure if the fuel pump is purging properly as I can here gurgling after many purges but dont want to buy a new pump until I can rule out the alarm

I haven't had this engine running yet , only the seller's word it's a good en

Cheers john

Hi,

When I changed my fuel pump recently and when I removed the tank to fit a roll cage last year I ran the purge cycle for 2 or three times if not more, but then it still took ages to start by cranking the engine over, so you may want to persist a little longer as you hopefully will get a little white smoke and then it'll fire into life. Since then it's been fine and started on the button every time.

Steve

P.S. I better get back to sorting my TD5 out....again!