Another thumbs up for Academy Insurance.

Ratty43

Thanks to all that have recommended Academy for insurance. They have insured my modified 90 for £299 fully comp vs the £437 that Flux wanted. For that I can have whatever mods I wish. What really impressed me is I was given a 'personal' phone number to the chap I dealt with and will only deal with him for any changes; makes a change to have a single contact in this day and age.

Not so impressed with Flux, I had to take out the policy in a rush to collect the vehicle. Cancelled within the statutory 14 days but they still kept my commission and charged for cancellation which came to £70. Legally it's sound but all the same....

Mo, my insurance for my 90 only went up by £11 last year

John

I will try them for a quote next time, but I think that all insurers seem to have an IT system that hikes up prices by 20-30% after they have lulled you into complacency for a couple of years. If you just let it go they make enough extra profit to cover losing 2 or 3 customers who walk away. The experts all say get alternative quotes every year, but in the past I have been as guilty as anyone by being too lazy.

Barry

Barry, I've always found Academy to be reasonable on cost for my 90's policy, However I will have a look around next year when It's due for renewal as I've just got a policy fully comp for my transit (SD&P) with recovery as it's a van and I don't think my bank one will cover it, for £259.00 with Aviva and without the recovery for £189.00 fully comp-with one claim too

John