RESURECTION of RR Classic

coachman

Well RR fans it would appear I WAS (AGAIN) too early heralding the ressurection of my Classic .

I rang the garage today to see how things were getting along .

They had said they were doing a pre MOT and soon all would be done .

NOT SO , we have taken the work as far as is financially viable ,was there veiled message . That is what they meant anyway . If I could get it done elsewhere then fine ,WTF this is why they got the job in the first place ,`cos they said they could do it .`

So ,back to stage one and I will keep you posted .

Coachman .

I had a similar experience with a RRC once and was too busy at work to actually do the welding, needed "PATCHING" on the sills and same on inner wings, this I think before the days of YRM propper panels.

Quote went at £400 for the "patching" work and the rest I would do at home, light bulbs and such.

Ended up with a bill of £1250 after it was all done as it happens one thing lead to another and another and so on, ended up with full new sills and full new inner wings bent up in their panel shop, very impressive work but it was 2 1/2X what I paid for it, she stayed with me for a long time after that and was eventually sold on for £2500 once I had finished retro fitting all leather seats and new audio throughout.