plug in engine code reader scanner

John a

hi all still haven't worked out the fuel issue in my other post (40L per 100KMS) tried everything

Just wondering if anyone in the Blacktown Penrith area (Sydney Australia) has a engine code reader scanner that I could pay them to plug it into my 1997 v8 disco and see if I get any fault codes that might help me with my fuel issues. I'm really stumped with this problem and its the only thing that is making me hate the car. I spoke to a land rover mechanic today and he wanted me to pay $180per hour, money I don't have. Anyhelp would be appreciated.

cheers john a

I think the issue will be that this year may not be OBD2 interfaced. If not then http://alum.wpi.edu/~colinb/14cux_protocol.html will be of help. I am not totally convinced that the issue with hooking a standard RS232 converter up exist as described there, I haven't been back to review and make an interface for it as was planned a while back.

However, if it is OBD2 then just hit aud.dx.com and order a bluetooth or usb reader. Arrive in less than a week for $40 and be worth keeping hold of.

I'd help, but I'm over in Adelaide and that's a bit of drive :0

I think the issue will be that this year may not be OBD2 interfaced. If not then http://alum.wpi.edu/~colinb/14cux_protocol.html will be of help. I am not totally convinced that the issue with hooking a standard RS232 converter up exist as described there, I haven't been back to review and make an interface for it as was planned a while back.

However, if it is OBD2 then just hit aud.dx.com and order a bluetooth or usb reader. Arrive in less than a week for $40 and be worth keeping hold of.

I'd help, but I'm over in Adelaide and that's a bit of drive :0

thanks for your help...........................Adelaides not that far lol

Hi John a,

have you sorted the problem out with your Disco? I run the Rovergauge software on my MS Surface Pro tablet and it works great. You will need to either make up or have made a cable to go frrom the L/R plug to your USB port. I dealt with Mark at Blitzracing in the UK who not only made up and posted the lead but also sent a CD full of information as well. He's a great gyt to deal with. Check out this link, http://www.g33.co.uk/fuel_injection.htm and page down until you see the bit about the leads for his email address. Also read the rest of the page as there is good info there.

Hope this helps. Cheers, James NZ