defender side panel repair/rust

Took a picture on my phone will try to download, it is situated at the bottom rear corner mount, a steel corner section riveted to the side panel and rear quarter panel. The hole on this plate from which the locating stud pokes through from the cappings has corroded away it has a bowled section. May look at getting done local.local

When I replaced the cappings on my 90 I encountered the same problem. I assume you're talking about the small metal plate/bracket that's riveted in the corner, which one of the side panel mounting bolts goes through?

What I did was drill the rivets out, remove bracket and get creative with some metal plate, similar sized tube and my welder!

What might be worth doing is putting a wanted post up on here for anyone who may have a trashed side panel they would be willing to take the plate off of for a few beer tokens?

HTH