value rotten land rover series III perkins 1/2 ton

xychix

To be honnest, from your comments so far you do not seem to fit the bill for Lightweight restoration and ownership?

You have asked so many questions about changing stuff that you would hate it as is and there is other vehicles to buy that does not need to be repaired or changed?

Just my opion of course, you never know you might love it!

• 1 month later...

To be honnest, from your comments so far you do not seem to fit the bill for Lightweight restoration and ownership?

You have asked so many questions about changing stuff that you would hate it as is and there is other vehicles to buy that does not need to be repaired or changed?

Just my opion of course, you never know you might love it!

that's a quick judgement. I've only looked after a non petrol engine so far :) I'm not that good with petrol stuff and prefer a diesel.

You might be correct however I won't fit the bill for a full restoration (as in museum ready), however once I'm into a vehicle I will go great lengths to keep it on the road.

that's a quick judgement. I've only looked after a non petrol engine so far :) I'm not that good with petrol stuff and prefer a diesel.

You might be correct however I won't fit the bill for a full restoration (as in museum ready), however once I'm into a vehicle I will go great lengths to keep it on the road.

I was not trying to be judgemental, though it may have looked like it! It is just that Lightweights are a particular breed and there seemed a lot you weren't happy about?

I was not trying to be judgemental, though it may have looked like it! It is just that Lightweights are a particular breed and there seemed a lot you weren't happy about?

ah ok, in that case you might have a point. A defender 130 would suit me better. Unfortunately their out of my budget as is a full restauration of a series III. However a mechanical driving car with some new alu and sheet metal might be my perfect second car for the summers.

Somewhere along my life I've lost my heart to the basic landrovers, so don't tell me to get a Nissan Patrol or Daihatsu Rocky :)

Next to that, running this thread and googling my @ss off has learned me a lot on Series in general as I was always looking in the defender range.