300tdi Drivers Electric Window

AdeParko

Went to use the electric window on the drivers door today and nothing :( Its stuck up. Proving a pain in the ar$e to get into the car park at work lol

You can hear a relay clicking, but no other noise or movement

I had a quick look at the switches and swapped the cabling over with another one, and the switch seems to be working fine

I'll have get the door card off for a look tonight, but is there anything specific to start looking at?

I've had a problem with the window before where it ended up being the spot weld broken on the mechanism. But when that went, there was a bang when it went with the window dropping, and you could hear the motor spinning when the button was pressed.

This time its completley different

Thanks

Ade

I'd check the motor is getting the correct power by comparing it to the terminals on one of the windows that is working. If the power is all fine, then you need to check the regulator and motor for freedom of movement, or replace them outright.

Removed the door card last night and voltages seem fine at the plug on both uap and down operation of the switch

Pulled the motor and regulator out, and the motor seems to be seized

Even with the motor on the bench and removed from the regulator I cant get the motor to move when applying 12V direct from a battery pack

Have ordered a new motor and hoping that should fix the problem

Thanks for the help

Ade