OT: Which small upto 1,000 winch?

JST

What would you buy?

i am after a 12V winch capable of pulling 1000kg (well most it will pull is 700kg so this gives some leeway) up a ramp on the back of a 110. winch will be located at the top of the bulkhead on a special frame.

currently considering Warn 2.5ci (an ATV model), a superwinch GP3000 or an X2, latter are both 3000lbs pulling capability.

and before you ask no it not to get Pugwash inthe wagon after a hard days b*****ing.

I bought one of the little 'Champion' winches from Winch Solutions. It's about 2000lbs and only cost about £50.

It's nicely made, comes with a fairly proper contactor and remote and I'm exceptionally impressed with it!

Now have it fitted to my quad. Chris has one of the same type fitted to his.

Si

I bought one of the little 'Champion' winches from Winch Solutions. It's about 2000lbs and only cost about £50.

It's nicely made, comes with a fairly proper contactor and remote and I'm exceptionally impressed with it!

Now have it fitted to my quad. Chris has one of the same type fitted to his.

Si

Si,

Your a techno boff i want a small winch to fit on my front axle to winch the suspension down on big hill climbs what size you think i will need to compress the springs 1/2 way say on my tub which weighs approx 1800kg ???????

Thanks Peter