Rear Lighting Woes

Hey guys,

I have just picked myself up a defender, its got a bit of a history, being a 1990 90, started life as a pick up and has been converted to a station wagen, and some where along the lines, the chassis has been replaced for a glavinised item and the 200 tdi swapped out for a 300tdi

Enter me purchasing the vehicle as a "project" None of the rear lights work a part from the OSR tail light, , I've been through and replaced all the bulbs and fuses etc, the main problem comes in the rear lighting harness where it connects in the engine bay, I have a whole load of wires here not connected to anything.

I have found some wiring diagrams online to help me out, but I dont know how to tell if the harness is the 200tdi item or a 300 tdi item or if there is a difference at all for that matter.

The other thing that would be very helpful which I cant find is a pin out diagram of the of the connections for the rear lighting harness in the engine bay at present I have a 4 track block connector and a 6 track block connector.

If anyone can help me out or point me in the direction of some useful thread that would be great!

but I dont know how to tell if the harness is the 200tdi item or a 300 tdi item or if there is a difference at all for that matter.

there is a difference the 200tdi & older looms have multi-plugs cased in rubber, from 300tdi on the are plastic outer casing.

if all the multiplugs are rubber just match up the wires colour codes, some 1,2 3 & 4 pin plugs go to a large plug with more connections & will only fit in one place.

OK, so I found the source of my problems in the form of this!!

IMG_20140205_172709_zpss0msvxah.jpg

A disgusting amount of crimps and corrosion but not to worry we can fix this!

However I also found this plug that I can't identify from the connector library or my wiring diagrams, it was cable tied to the towbar under the vehicle and runs off of the rear lighting loom as well

IMG_20140205_172643_zpsdu9c69pv.jpg

IMG_20140205_172627_zps2pdjlxbz.jpg