Fitting V8 Air Cleaner Bracket

Got myself the brackets to mount the air cleaner housing. ERC3892 and ERC3893. I cant for the life of me see where they attach to.

I thought maybe 1 end would attach to rear of cylinder head, and the other end to inlet manifold but no matter how i position it, it doesnt seem to line up.

Could someone that has a V8 with standard air cleaner setup tell me where these attach to? Im concerned maybe my inlet manifold (from disco V8i) doesnt have the mounting hole i require?

Cheers

Phil

This bloody uploader is failing pos

post-25095-0-48127900-1392650999_thumb.jpg

post-25095-0-43745300-1392651036_thumb.jpg

post-25095-0-30488500-1392651068_thumb.jpg

post-25095-0-43991900-1392651093_thumb.jpg

As you can (hopefully) see, the brackets bolt to the bell housing at the back. At the front (in the engine V) they sit on a spigot via a rubber grommet screwed into a boss.

Hope this is what you wanted

Bloody hell Jeff. Hope you didnt strip all that stuff off just for me!?

Either way, thats very helpful indeed. Yes they are the same. For some reason they looked different with all the gubbins around them. The only thing thats different is the rubber grommet thing sitting on top of the bracket. Dont know what there for but doesnt look like il need them anyway.

I can see exactly where they bolt to now.

Many thanks

Phil

My V8 runs twin SU's, the big black pipe in the photo below takes the air from the filter to the carbs via a single hose (referring to IMGA0015 photo above). Only takes 5 minutes to pull that lot off, needed to come off anyway as there's a snapped screw (holds the fuse box in place inside the cab) that needs removed - used as an earth for various bits, so not a prob pulling it apart.