RV8 Hotwire Plenum

need4speed

I think i may have asked this a while back, but cant find it so apologies to anyone thats answered this before....

Before finally fitting the plenum onto my V8 id like to know if theres anything on it that should be rebuilt or checked for wear? Especially on the throttle linkage side. Ive noticed that on the throttle spindle there are some bushes. Are these prone to wear?

Id just like to pre-empt any potential problem areas on the plenum before i attempt to run the engine up.

Thanks for reply Bowie. I'll have a look. Hopefully the spindle will be ok. Im assuming that the bushes will be made of softer material than the spindle.

Wonder if theres a company that now sells the spindles? I noticed over on the V8 forum that some members were producing small batches of spindles, but it was for the twin-plenum. Dont know if the spindles on these are different?

Thanks for reply Bowie. I'll have a look. Hopefully the spindle will be ok. Im assuming that the bushes will be made of softer material than the spindle.

Wonder if theres a company that now sells the spindles? I noticed over on the V8 forum that some members were producing small batches of spindles, but it was for the twin-plenum. Dont know if the spindles on these are different?

You would think the bushes would be softer wouldn't you? Literally pulled one out a couple of weeks ago, the bush was barely worn, but the spindle had a good 1mm step in it!

I managed to pull a spindle out of a 4.0 plenum I had kicking about and cut it down to suit (it was too long given the different TPS setup on the 4.0) but fit it did and works great now :) took a while with the needle file to make a slot, but worth it.

All I could find was NLA when I went searching, and huge price tags when they were available...