Range Rover Classic is home ,AT LAST

coachman

:i-m_so_happy: Hello everyone ,now at last I can crow about my RR CLASSIC VOGUE SE .

After much trouble with unkept promises of `yes I can`.

I at last found someone to do all the work req`d, . The ABS brakes are working as per instructions, the welding has been completed ( another order to British Steel)( memories eh ),the `car` not `truck ` as some prefer to say has had a respray ,a new ( used) tail gate fitted ( or to say ,made to fit ).The V8 engine 3.9 is a peach anyway and has only had an oil / filter change,( convert to LPG later ),a back axle swop was req`d as the car was crabbing excessively, the front hubs have had new bearings ,all oil has been renewed as req`d , The car is insured fully comp with Carole Nash @£188 ( Heritage wanted £450),the car is MOT`D,and taxed .

On the road it is SOooo quiet ,and what power ,( and YES ,the fuel guage works ). The ride I find is `choppy` maybe I should have swopped the shocks when I converted to coils from air ( but I was advised otherwise )

The tailgate was sourced from Harveys spares @ in Derby £ 50 plus etc ,as was the ABS ECU £ 80 plus postage etc.

The costs so far inc car are a modest £3.500.

I am very pleased with the efforts put in and although it was not ready for my daughters wedding I do not think it will be a wasted effort .

I shall attempt a few pics. bear with me .

Morale being ,persistence pays off .

Coachman .

post-36830-0-38690600-1393162271_thumb.jpg

post-36830-0-28095500-1393162322_thumb.jpg

post-36830-0-20749800-1393162365_thumb.jpg

post-36830-0-62820900-1393162440_thumb.jpg

post-36830-0-55734300-1393162505_thumb.jpg

Lovely. I look forward to mine being done - I have just got the engine core back from Turner Engineering, but haven't started the transmission or body shell repairs yet. I have coils on mine (also a soft dash, but only a Vogue, so factory coils, manual transmission and less toys), and it's ride is very good. It has standard front springs and police spec rear springs with DeCarbon dampers, ans all bushes are genuine (pattern bushes and polyurethane types will affect the ride and handling).