How do I remove inside panels on rear door - 04 Freelander

barmy

Common problem with rear passenger window no longer working but I can't find any screws, etc to undo the inside panel to check what the problem is. Made a grinding noise when raising the window and stopped.

Thanks

S

From memory, screws are in the door handle & door pull and then the rest is on those nasty plastic clips, panel then slides upwards to release (top bit hooks over the top of the door if you get my meaning). Sounds like a new cable for the winder or just a new winder is the order of the day, rear ones are dead easy compared to the octopus wrestling task of the front ones.

Assuming 2004 is still "old" style freelander, you need to crouch down with the door open & look at the underneath of the handle, and the door pull the screw is exactly behind the bit you pull so you don't notice it.

post-21-0-26200600-1399038284_thumb.png

Fridgefreezer,

Thanks for the guidance, my car is an 04 plate but has the square handles not the solid rounded ones as shown so I take it ot be the 'new' style. They were in my old 98 car so I recognise exactly what you are saying. I have found a screw in the door pull but no others yet, I am assuming the 2 large screws are somehow encased in the moulded 'square' handle but I don't know how to get this apart without breaking it!

From your diagram I assume the manual doesn't show the square handled version. I may have to contact the dealer for help!

Thanks anyway

Simon