Hollinsclough Laning & Caving at Giants Hole

We thought we would put a twist on a normal Laning day in the Peaks and as one of our group is qualified to lead caving expeditions, we did a half day on the lanes in the Peaks and then went to Giants Hole just outside of Castleton.

There is a link in this film if you want to see what a gang of amateur idiots wandering around the caves looks like.

I wish I had a camera inside my Landy for this film. The climb out of Hollinsclough is fun but pretty straightforward and I had my Mrs in the car for her first laning trip. During the short 8 minute ascent we had tears, hyperventilating, threats to get out and walk (oh the shame) and on my 2nd attempt to get over the rocks at the top she actually punched me!! Bloody woman!

http://youtu.be/gQnmfldtVmQ

How far down Giants did you get? Right down the Crabwalk or did you turn back at Garlands Pot?

Turned back at Garlands. The lady leading had briefed us on what we needed but a few people weren't prepared. We had our fun already by then!