HID Conversion?

Boydie

Has anyone found a good HID conversion for single (Disco, Defender and Range Rover) headlamps with conventional 3 spade dual filament high/low beam bulbs??

Currently I have - and this may be illegal in the UK - two Zenner diodes fitted in my Disco, these are wired on each headlamp at the bulb connections between the high and low beam connection spades On Low beam, low beam is what you get, on High beam however power goes to both filaments, my bulbs are 130/75, (again legal in NSW providing that they are correctly aligned) so on high beam I have 205 watts each side.

Having driven Julies Skoda Fabia VRS however I'm impressed with the sheer white light she has with the standard HID system it has and would like to convert my Disco.

it's illegal in Europe but a friend of mine has fitted this kind of kit http://www.philipsxenon.com/land-rover-c-345/land-rover-xenon-lights-kit-by-philips-hid-p-1230 on his off-road vehicle... works a treat, but there are cheaper options too http://www.ebay.com/itm/LANDROVER-DISCOVERY-II-HID-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-H4-HI-LO-BEAM-/250986410837

"officially" in the UK if you're running an EU type-approval-compliant vehicle with HID you need both beam-levellers and headlight wash/wipe, the parts of which must be "E"-marked. If your vehicle is previous to the EU regs and so only needs to comply with old UK "Construction&Use" regulations the position is vague.

Thanks for all of that, thank goodness here in Oz we dont have such regulations. I've found a "kit" that rotates the single globe on low beam, I'll try that and report back. I removed the headlight washers when I totally rewired my disco sans MFU and relocated all the required relays and fuses to the rear = for ease of access and simplicity at the same time removing all the unrequired "factory option accessory" connections and wiring, my harness is now a 1/4 of the size it used to be and far simpler fofollow.