wiring problem

Mouse

Can anyone help with a wiring diagram for a disco 200tdi air con set up,.

The clutch on the compressor is not engaging as there is no power to it, I have a genuine land rover manual but there is no wiring diagram but in the text it seems there a three relays and two fuses ???, the fuses are ok so I need to look elseware for the problem.

I have been told that I can run 12 volts direct to the compressor to check that it is ok but I don't know which of the two wires is live.

Thank you

Mouse.

HI

How will a continuity test tell me if the wire is a live or earth, I thought that all a continuity test did was to find if there was a break in the wire or not.

Sorry to seem dim but electrics are not my strong point.

Mouse.

Hi

Interesting reply, and worrying.

A pipe split a while ago and the other day I had someone come round to repair the pipe and re-gas the system, it was then that we found that the pipe had become porous and need replacing.

If what you say about the switch is correct would it make sense to replace the pipes and then re-gas to see if the compressor works ???, also a bit concerned that the air con bloke did not know about this switch

Mouse.

• 2 weeks later...

Bridge out the pressure switch, (a paper-clip is ideal) if the compressor doesnt cut in then its not gas pressure, next move is to bridge out the switches on the underside of the thermostat housing, one of these cuts the compressor out if the water temp rises over 115 degrees and one brings in the condenser fans if the temp rises above 110. Do one at a time to determine which thermo switch is which, if the compressor switch has gone bung this could be the reason for no power getting to the compressor clutch.

Finally check the compressor clutch relay, it could have blown contacts.

If the clutch is coming in but not driving the compressor you will need to re-shim the clutch, the required gap is 0.025"