Rescue day 2014 12th July

Cynic-al

This is an event that's been going the last few years, it raises money for help for heros and it's a bit of a showcase of all things emergency and rescue related.

Off-road related things this year there are a couple of 4x4 response groups, Korc are doing snow cat rides and the police and aa etc have 4x4 cars, quads and bikes there.

On a wider scale they've built a full size working railway crossing with a train to simulate a crossing accident, a house for a house fire, police dog demonstrations, water rescues by boat, dog, divers etc. the Red Devils are landing in the lake, there are boat rides, various helicopters are flying in plus there's a whole manor of big boy emergency service toys, a fun fair, American trucks, the Battle of Britain memorial flight (which was great last year as they skimmed over my house whilst doing the fly past) etc etc.

It's a great day out, my wife and kids love it. See http://www.rescueday.com for details.

Plus if that isn't enough Sally traffic will be there :D

I think a family of 4 is a tenner.