Fuel Sender Options.

ajh

I think the baffles in my aftermarket tank are intefering with the fuel sender float being able to get a full range of motion... I have a programable gauge and I would expect it to read full until the aux (flow through) tank drains a fair bit... but in reality what happens it is reads full for the first 800km, then rapidly within 200km reads empty until it runs dry.

I think they probably intended a top-port sender to be fitted and my 110 (200TDI) has a side-port sender fitted.

My question is; does anyone know of a non-swing sender that can be fitted from the side? I prefer to have things as accessible as possible for replacement. Fitting one from the top is an option but because of how things are secured it will involve cutting the floor and adding an access plate which I'd like to avoid doing if possible; and when I do it will likely be to fit a heated fuel pick-up which wouldn't work as a side pick-up and doesn't have a sender fitted (like the Hot-Stick).

Any other ideas spring to mind?

Thanks.