Indicator problem

Over the weekend I lost the indicators on my 200tdi 110. I have hazzards but the indicators don't work. At the same time I also lost the use of the main beam flash, pulling the stalk backwards, if I push the stalk forwards I have full beam and all the other lights work.

I am thinking that the stalk is dead, just need a bit of confirmation before I order a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my indicators to work, turned out the hazzard switch was at fault, that and a dodgy fuse (really need to change the fuse boards to take the blade type fuse at some point)

I still can't get the main beam to flash when I pull the stalk towards me, All the rest of the lights work inc main beam, it just won't flash at all.

Looks like I might need to change the stalk in the end anyway I really hopped I could get away from it as I couldn't move the streering wheel when I tried at the weekend. Or could something else be wrong.