Sticking brakes.

Nigelw

Problem with the brakes today, first time on the road in almost 6months and an hour long ride to the RDW Keuringcentrum in Elsloo to get my papers stamped and the starter turning on getting the yellow plates on.

Trouble is, the brakes stick on, not like a seized caliper, but I have to hook the pedal up with which ever foot is free to stop braking, whats gone wrong? I would like to get that sorted before I actually get plates on it as all I'll wanna do is drive once we can go again.

Been off for a hunt through the web, rebuild kit RTC5834 is €50 or a whole new MC NTC4991 is around €135

I only looked at OEM parts not going down the pattern death parts TRW/ Lucas or gen Land Rover only, incidentally a genuine LR MC is €350 :o

Broken or missing pedal return spring will have no effect on the brakes themselves - just a floppy brake pedal. Calipers can sometimes stick, which makes the disc turn blue or radiate more heat than the opposite side. If both wheels are hard to turn by hand, then master cylinder rebuild is what's needed. 2 kits available - seals only, or seals and pistons, which includes springs, etc.

As here - http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=5300

Les.