Three Legged Stool

stuck

Evening Chaps,

I think I'm suffering from what Nige describes as trying to balance a three legged stool.

Using a "Safe" 4.6 map with the timing corrected for my engine (trigger wheel is about 4 degrees out) I get a lot of hunting around whilst at idle with the engine warming up.

If I enrich the cells in the VE table that are being visited at idle I can stop the hunting & get a good idle through out the warm up but as soon as I run TunerStudio with a warm engine it keeps lowering the values in these cells to get the air fuel ratio back on target.

I think I should leave the VE Table alone & change the values in the "Warm Up Wizard" table to get around this but it doesn't seem to have the same effect.

The difference in cell value between a map that gives good idle & a map that doesn't is around 50% (36 to 50 in the VE table cells) does that mean I need to adjust the enrichment in the WUW from 120% @ 10 degrees C to 170%?

Finding that the WUW is a bit of a bugger as you only get 1 go at it in a day :wacko:

Can anyone confirm that this is the correct thing to be looking at please?

Thanks,

Mick.

Mick,

If you open TS in' tune analyze' live then click on the' advanced settings tab' you have 'filter settings'. If you set the minimum RPM to 1000 that will stop it changing the cells below the set value. You also have 'AFR targets table'. If you open the tab you will get 3 options. It should be set to 'tuner studio custom (default)' open that one and have a look. Now... you can change the numbers if you wish.. I wouldn't.

If you have the latest update on TS you also have a tab with Warmup Enrichment 1. This new toy auto tunes the WE. I haven't used it yet so you are on ya own with that.. :rolleyes: But i'm led to believe it's very useful.

HTH

Mick,

If you open TS in' tune analyze' live then click on the' advanced settings tab' you have 'filter settings'. If you set the minimum RPM to 1000 that will stop it changing the cells below the set value. You also have 'AFR targets table'. If you open the tab you will get 3 options. It should be set to 'tuner studio custom (default)' open that one and have a look. Now... you can change the numbers if you wish.. I wouldn't.

If you have the latest update on TS you also have a tab with Warmup Enrichment 1. This new toy auto tunes the WE. I haven't used it yet so you are on ya own with that.. :rolleyes: But i'm led to believe it's very useful.

HTH

Oh great, more settings to bugger play about with :ph34r:

Cheers for the above, big help that. :i-m_so_happy:

HTH

On the off chance that anyone else reads this I can confirm that the WE1 function works a treat.

Superb if you are a MS muppet like me :i-m_so_happy:

• Like 1