Parrot CX3100

Frax

I bought a second hand Parrot CX 3100 from a Merc Sprinter and am in the middle of fitting it to my 1995 Defender but I can not get the display to work.

The unit came with the blue box or tricks + another box which is red, looking at kits I have not seen one with the red box and wondered if I need it or not ?

When the unit is powered up an LED in the red box flashes about 5 times then stops.

Any help would be great.

Frax

not sure about the red box, I have a ck3100 which is standard bluetooth, they did a gps version? you need to provide a +12v perm live and a switched live (when ign is on).

The display cable can come out in the head which is only a push in plug once the 2 screws are out. Mine has an audio mute box which mutes the radio and pipes the call to the car speakers, which was part of the kit. You can still get the firmware from parrott you need a bluetooth dongle to upload it from memory.

Got a bluetooth dongle and am going to check the voltage in the morning and see if the red box was for the Merc, I may see if I can bin that part if all the other bits go together.

Will update it if I can get it to connect. I am sure the plug in the back of the display is OK but will check again.

Sadly I have stuck the display to the dash already with double sided sticky tape but it will come off with a good pull.

mine hasn't got the red box, for sure, there is a moulded black lump as well as the blue box. Maybe the red box is a can gateway adapter depending on the age of the merc. Newer german cars have the radio and phone functions switched via can. You should be able to use the manual diagram to get rid of it.

Had another look today but have given up, the Parrot unit wont connect via bluetooth and the screen does not work, well I did get it for nothing.

The units are bulky and would be hard to get all that kit behind the stereo so I have decided to just buy a bluetooth stereo instead.

Thank you for all yer help though.

if it isn't too late i managed to dig mine out today.

4way white plug.

black=gnd 0v

fused red=+12v battery (perm)

fused orange=+12v ign

10 way white plug

green = line + (not used)

brown = line - (not used)

red,blue,white,yellow&black go to molded mute box.

other end multiplug goes to lcd head.

then you should have two grey iso and two black iso (1m 1f)

black is speaker pass through male to female via mute box

the grey has male connector to plug into radio

white is mute1

yellow is mute 2

blue is mute 3

you join one of these to the yellow lead on the mute box depending on head unit mute pin.

hth Pete