EGR, cooler, vac servo, etc removal...

So my EGR removal kit has arrived, and just before I fit it, I'm here to ask about removing the egr cooler and the vac servo that runs the actuator on the doomed egr valve.

Also, I am thinking to blank off the water hoses to the cooler, is there any pitfalls in doing this? Is it worth purchasing hoses from a 'non cooler' type TD5 Defender?

I'm not keen on having redundant stuff under the bonnet, if it's not needed, I want to get rid.

Any info or tips will be gratefully received.....cheers.

Timpo.

The 2 solenoids and vac-pipes that go from the now-removed EGR vac-flap-assembly on the inlet manifold to the tapping on the servo vac-line: disconnect them and make up something to plug the servo vac-line tap. Use self-amalgamating tape to tape up the two now-redundant electrical connectors and cable-tie them securely to something in the inner wing.

EGR cooler - remove the exhaust-gas-connection part, fit blanking plate to the hole on the exhaust-manifold. Link the two water-pipes together - circulation of coolant through this part of the system back to the multi-way thing below the expansion bottle is best maintained to prevent any airlocks.

• 1 month later...

The 2 solenoids and vac-pipes that go from the now-removed EGR vac-flap-assembly on the inlet manifold to the tapping on the servo vac-line: disconnect them and make up something to plug the servo vac-line tap. Use self-amalgamating tape to tape up the two now-redundant electrical connectors and cable-tie them securely to something in the inner wing.

EGR cooler - remove the exhaust-gas-connection part, fit blanking plate to the hole on the exhaust-manifold. Link the two water-pipes together - circulation of coolant through this part of the system back to the multi-way thing below the expansion bottle is best maintained to prevent any airlocks.

OK, thanks, done all that just apart from linking the two coolant hoses together after the cooler was removed. I want to do a decent job so planning to get a proper hose adaptor tomorrow to join the two different diameter hoses together.