Roof Lights, Spot Lights, Driving Lights advice?

Id like to get some advice on what to buy and where to get some Roof Lights, Spot Lights, Driving Lights

The main criteria is that they are excelent value for money - so the wont be the cheapest, andf they may nt be the Ulitmate - but they will be a good buy.

The roof rack lights need to be fairly compact, and ideally would have a sidelight / dim dip / DLR capability.

The Spots - or driving lights can be any size, and could have the side light / DLR function or even could 'Dip'

(and advice on fog lights too)

thanks

If you are going to do it then you need to get good lights, a lot of the lights I see are there just for posing and are practically ineffective in the real world. LED's have become very affordable now and are probably the way to go, just make sure you get the right mix of depth and spread.

Whatever you do make sure that they are fitted & wired correctly (i.e. NOT dim / dip and / or DLR) and don't forget that you can get a lot of glare if they are too far forward or reflect off the bonnet.

Personally I wouldn't bother.

Been there / done that and at the end of the day a good set of headlights and / or aux lights is all you need for the road. If you are off-roading and your headlights are covered in muck then you don't need to see a mile ahead, just a good pair of worklights will give all the light you need.

In response to:-

I can't see the need for this latest fashion

It's not that new, this is a picture of my old S111 SWB V8.

The date? Nearly 30-years ago.

post-1383-0-92843300-1421002653_thumb.jpg

Didn't see the bit on fog-lights first time around.

The trouble with fog-lights is that they need to be low to see "under" the fog, too high and they just reflect off the fog like headlights do.

Mounted directly under the bumper is about the highest you could fit them to be anything like effective but then they are susceptible to damage (they will restrict your approach angle). Of course you can mount them in the bumper but you are increasing the height again.

To be perfectly honest, I am of the opinion that true fog-lights are a non-starter on a Defender (or similar).

hi guys too be honest ive fitted led lights to my roof bar because well there were lights fitted properly and v poor ,and there are alot of lanes here and the benefits they give are great i do have a black chequer to put on bonnet i know alot of people dont like it but each to theyre own i bought mine off ebay do your homework tho as the ones i boight could of cost me 300 a pair i got 4 they cost me 120 qiud free pxp theyre 2640 lumens and a verry good pattern white light , if you want ebay number just let me know have a look at my pics youll see the lights hope it helps .