It must be love...

stuck

• 4 weeks later...

Thread resurrection time - just noticed you asked me a question!

(By the way I presume you go by the same name on fullfatrr.com?)

Currently according to the on-board computer she'd averaged 6.4mpg :blink:, I will justify that...

I stripped down the front (for curiosity :rofl: - well more on that later) and removed the battery so the OBC reset. Since then it hasn't been out of low range apart from a brief stint into the local town to get some veg and pick up a new battery. It's been used to tension a fence I put up a few days ago and then last night sat idling in the field for ~40 minutes whilst I tried to catch a ewe that had prolapsed in the field to get her back in the barn.

Normally commuting / general running around she's been averaging 24 at the moment. But she's booked in for a service in a couple of weeks which should get it back up to the 25/26 mark (it's been a while). On a motorway run more like 30mpg.

I did ride in a mates 4.2 spurt and liked the exhaust note. The TDV8's not bad in the slightest but doesn't have quite the same note as a petrol. Given the mileage I've been covering the TDV8 was the right choice me thinks. Dad hit it on the spot when it's ticking over sounds like the old intercity diesel electrics idling. A nice purring.

[edit]The reason I stripped down the front was I'm thinking about building a discreet winch mount behind the number plate for it. Want hydraulic because of the full fat's electrical dependency. There is a spare pulley on the crank but finding somewhere to mount another pump might be an issue. The power steering pump is also smaller than the typical ZF74 so not sure whether it's a go or not.[/edit]