Pipe fuel filter to lift pump

I've got diesel welling up out of the bottom connection of the pipe from the rhs of the fuel filter (200tdi) to the lift pump.

It's either the pipe joint itself or the lift pump which is a cheap and nasty thing but all the local garage had available when they fitted my fuel pump and realized my existing lift pump which I'd only recently put on ( a cheap one) was knackered.

I'm swapping the cheap pump for a Delphi, but as the pipes (which have a banjo on top) are £20, I'm wondering is there a replaceable o ring on the pipe union where it mates with the lift pump?

I recall seeing a black ring on the end when I fitted the last one but I'm not sure whether its a sealed on bit or whether it can be replaced. Anyone got any idea before I pull it apart?

lift pump page 193 in http://www.retroanaconda.com/landrover/parts_books/110/3_engine_200TDI_300TDI_V8_p168-299.pdf

fuel filter page 535 in http://www.retroanaconda.com/landrover/parts_books/110/6_vehicle_controls_brakes_fuel_air_p472-579.pdf

no O ring seals that I ever seen on the lift pump to filter pipe connections, both a threaded to lift pump & end of pipe to pump faces form the seal.

examine the nylon fuel pipe for hairline splits.