How do I measure what lift my Landy has?

Hi guys,

I have a Defender 90 that is experiencing repeated front prop/UJ wear/failure and need to know if it has been lifted or not. Is there a simple measurement I can take from say the axle to somewhere that will tell me this?

If it has been lifted, it is not my much and I don't think enough to be causing the issue, but I could do with knowing one way or the other.

Cheers

The best way is to measure the length of the springs with the truck sat on level ground.

The front spring should be approx 260mm long and the rear 300mm long, measured seat to seat, for a std height.

Thanks Paul, I wondered if this was an option; I will try this tomorrow.

Measure the distance between the floor & a fixed point such as the underside of the front bumper (assuming the bumper is standard) & post the height.

Don't forget to include tyre size & rim diameter :i-m_so_happy:

Everything else is standard as far as I know. It looks lifted as it has diddy 225's on it, but the garage think the springs are poss bigger than standard. I will get my tape measure out tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Measure the distance between the floor & a fixed point such as the underside of the front bumper (assuming the bumper is standard) & post the height.

Don't forget to include tyre size & rim diameter :i-m_so_happy:

Hiya, finally got there! The bumper is c. 52/53 cm from the deck, measured to the underside. Tyres are 225/75/R16

The best way is to measure the length of the springs with the truck sat on level ground.

The front spring should be approx 260mm long and the rear 300mm long, measured seat to seat, for a std height.

I measured the springs from the top to the bottom, so hopefully that is what you meant. The front was more like 275280 and the rear 300.

Got a pick of the front spring with tape measure, how do I upload a pic, I can't seem to work it out? I have nothing in 'My media' and the image button asks for a URL.