Second Row doors refurb

Hiya folks, been a while since I've been around (life gets complicated)anyway took the 2nd row doors off the 110 today to try and sort out a drumming noise (and to evict the rodents/birds and general wildlife that appears to have taken up residence over the winter) only to find that the door skin has parted company with the horizontal mid door frame. Now the door is a genuine parts jobby and it looks like the "sealant" landcover used has dried out and stopped sticking. I haven't got any clamps (replacing the sealant with PU adhesive) long enough any ideas? genuine parts doors are really poor quality.

Also the screws that hold the door handle on are simply spinning, need to get the handle off to repay the door and .....

Piece of 2x2 on each side of the door that go the full width and put the clamps on those, or tie them with rope which you can twist to apply pressure. On the back of the door you'll probably need some packing pieces to add the pressure in the right place. That's how I did my front door.

• Like 1