8 point DVLA radically altered vehicle query

The most comprehensive answer I've seen online is a simple statement "only VOSA/DVLA can tell you if it needs inspecting or not". Thing is, I've never found out how you get to the point of being able to ask this, without taking it for an inspection.

And this is the bit that always makes me smile, very often on forums and advertisers websites you will see comments like " dont ask DVLA or VOSA as they are out of date / dont know what they are talking about" - I'm not sure its going to end well when the car is being loaded onto the VOSA recovery truck as the owner protests what he read from some bloke on a forum :-)

it was better IMO when there was a local office and someone to talk to face to face *but* you always got an err on the side of caution response - that probably limited things you could do but was a bit safer.

Like all things we pays our money and takes our chance ;-)