Door lock

Tractorman

I spent a silly amount of time replacing the broken lock spring in my disco 300tdi, got it all back together, eventually

in the right order... and it still doesn't work.

Everything works fine but you still need to put turn the key/lift the button to open the door, just like when

the spring has broken. I stripped off the door card again but can't see any faults, just that the mech doesn't pull down far enough.

Can't get an mot until the door lock works as it should... anyone any ideas??

Had a similar problem, you can adjust the button and various other rods/linkages, but it is a thankless time consuming task, or you can slightly bend the rod on which the button is screwed so that friction holds the button up - a bodge, but it works.

I thought about bending the rods but then I might make it worse..! I wondered about trying to add another spring to pull down on the latch arms but would really like to work out why its not right. Its only out by a few mm but seems that's all it takes