whats wrong with this picture

qwakers

ok so not a landrover but im sure youll forgive me....

spent this morning sorting a large oil leak on my kia sorento. no recently i rebuilt this engine for a snapped cam chain. ever since ive had a large oil leak from the front of the engine. i thought it was the crank oil seal so i replaced it. the leak got worse. so today i took a couple of pictures with my endoscope (visiability is limited...) and this is what i saw...

whats%20wrong%20in%20this%20picture_zpsc

oops....

one new seal fitted in the daylight this time... and all seems to be well. time will tell..

Difflicult to tell without knowing the larger picture, but it looks like the lip of the seal isn't seated properly. Now that would cause a n oil loak wouldn't it.

Daylight makes a huge difference, as I found when trying to change brake pads the other week on the drive in the rain, and dark.

You are not alone! I swapped an indicator/light switch last week and it suddenly started blowing fuses, So when I took it off again, I had trapped a black wire in the clamp; again doing it in the dark, and with eyesight that isn't as good as it once was. It's so easily done.