Bulkhead bonnet hinge

Hi guys, I have two holes in my bulkhead that I need to weld up. Shouldn't be too bad except the holes are right next the bonnet hinge brackets. I think the bonnet buffers must have gone bad and it's spread. I really need to remove them to fix the holes. Can this be done? Last time I had the dash off I couldn't see the fixings. Are they bolts or rivets of some kind? Any advice welcome.

Cheers.

bonnet hinge part on bulkhead are welded on as part of bulkhead, not listed or supplied as replacement parts, you could cut some of a rotten bulkhead or have some made

Later hinges are riveted to the bulkhead. The look like countersunk rivets. I suspect that if you drill the heads out, you will be able to refit the hinges with countersunk bolts later, using captive nuts welded on a plate and inserted (and tacked in position) before you weld in the repair sections.