Discovery 300tdi not starting, red led dash 'double flashing'

ronnie_rotten

Thought I'd fire up the retired 300tdi to make sure it still would. It wouldn't.

Turns over but won't fire. The doors lock and unlock with the fob.

The red led on the dash is doing a 'flash flash - flash flash' and I'm sure it used to just blink once.

Has the thing immobilised itself because I let the battery die? It was absolutely pancaked

Run a wire from the battery to the fuel solenoid at the rear of the Fuel Injection Pump -- it will need to have a spade connector for the fuel solenoid -- and see if the motor kicks over, if it does then it's some gibberish in the electronics, if it doesnt then its a fuel starvation problem of sorts.

Its a 1998, so woild have that feeature. Is the passive immobiliser somthing to do with the 'spider'?

Solenoid sounds like a nicer solution, I could live with that if it started.

I ran the truck not too many moons ago but pillaged the good battery for the 110 and put a naff one on it, which a cold night seems to have finished off.