300tdi electrical issues

My partners 1995 300tdi 90 has a strange intermittent electrical problem.

On occasions, when the headlights are switched on, or an indicator used, or even sometimes when the brakes are put on activating the brake lights, the electrical supply seems to cut out very briefly - the radio turns off and the dash backlights go out and on again.

She has lived with it as it has never really been a problem however recently on three occasions, the engine has also cut out momentarily as power to the stop solenoid seems to have also been cut briefly.

It may not happen for days / weeks, then it will happen all the time for ten minutes every time the indicator/ headlight flash / brakes are used, then it won't happen again for a week or two.

Any ideas? Battery connections are good, never a problem starting. I do know that occasionally the interior loght is very dim for a few seconds when getting in the truck, then it suddenly gets a lot brighter.

Thanks, but it is a brand new genuine landrover one, with the new style key.

My thoughts are there is a poor / corroded connection somewhere in the main power distribution circuit? seems to be okay running just the radio and side / dash lights but as soon as more power is required for indicators / brake lights it sometimes starts playing up.

I did also notice that if the wipers are left on, sometimes when the truck is started the next day the are very very slow, then after a couple of seconds, they go back to correct speed.

But annoyingly it only plays up once every few weeks.

There are some jointing points in the loom for earths and some of the brown wires, where a cluster of wires are soldered together and wrapped in tape.

I have had a problem with one of these joints in the past which went dry and caused a very intermitent fault - not easy to get to though as they are buried deep.

i would start by checking all the obvious - battery connections, main earth on gearbox/engine, check the nut on the starter motor holding all the brown wires is on good and tight , check all the terminals on the ignition switch are on securely and in good condition, check the bulkhead earth point and earths behind

As you say, annoying - going to be difficult to track if its so intermittent..