TD5 fuel pump seal+lock ring diagram

Changed my fuel pump last weekend and all well again. Went to fill it up today and ended up with diesel running out through the top. I did leave the hole in the floor open to see and it was leaking at a fair rate. Fortunately I got home quick and siphoned diesel off down to a level which meant it is not leaking all over the floor. Not sure how I messed it up so bad, but feel I have something wrong with my lock ring. I cannot get the lock ring off the top of the pump as it has a white inner plastic piece which I think should be on the tank and not in the metal ring!!!

Has any one got an exploded diagram or pictures of how it goes so I cannot put it back together properly? I may have to go to the main stealer and get a new lock ring in the morning to, but realise it does not seal here.

Toby

I can't remember what happened on the disco, but I think I had the same problem with the locking ring. I've a feeling I took it apart and put the bit back on the tank that was supposed to be there and then it all did up fine.

Did the white plastic adaptor just screw out the lock ring? Mine seems slightly stubborn at the moment and the will to give it some brute force is slightly reduced by the fact it is jammed on the new fuel pump, which incidentally fixed a starting issue and made the engine ever so lively!!

All sorted, the plastic adaptor price was seized to the lock ring and came off together. I did split the old lock ring in half and still could not get the adaptor out on one price. Fortunately the main stealer had adaptor and lock ring in stock for a tenner, which was cheaper than eBay. Bonus!