90 fuel sender

disco-phil

Could be the sender, or the gauge, or stuck in the tank. Take the sender out (under the drivers seat, and remove the panel) and move it by hand...see if it works.

When you say 'drinks a lot of diesel'...how much exactly? What engine do you have? You should be getting >25mpg on a TDi, and maybe a little less on an earlier lump. Fuel additive won't make a a great deal of difference (if any) to fuel economy. It would however reduce smoke emissions...

With a 200 TDi you should be getting >25mpg. If it is substantially less than this, then check for a fuel leak...have a look at the fuel lines, outside of the filter, and around the injection pump.

Re the fuel gauge, get the sender out and have a look...its an easy job! (its the thing on top of the fuel tank with a wire coming out of it)

Mine sticks as well. Bought a new unit, but haven't got round to changing it yet. Someone told me it is better to jack LR up and remove wheel to make it more accessible?

Paul

it's possible to swap with the wheel in place & no risk of the 110 falling off a jack/axle stand, I pulled my tank unit out recently as it was stuck on one of the internal baffles, was a bit fiddly but did it ok. get a new seal & locking ring before you start & drian the tank, or you get wet & stink of diesel for ages.

it's possible to swap with the wheel in place & no risk of the 110 falling off a jack/axle stand, I pulled my tank unit out recently as it was stuck on one of the internal baffles, was a bit fiddly but did it ok. get a new seal & locking ring before you start & drian the tank, or you get wet & stink of diesel for ages.

Thanks Ralph