Immobiliser bypass (don't want central locking either)

FarmSi

Hi all, I have recently been gifted a 300tdi disco from the farm that I work on, it's a 1998 with hardly any rust and a sound boot floor, I want to have it for driving around the farm and for shooting/dogs. Problem I am having is I don't really want the central locking or immobiliser so don't know if I can bypass the immobiliser (done the fuel stop solenoid already) and then pull the green multi plug out from under the passenger footwell? I know you have to do the starter solenoid as well and have found the relay and the ignition switch just don't know which way around to wire it up! I know this is a public forum but if someone could pm me some help it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Simon

Vehicles of that age were available for export with no alarm or immobiliser, my father has one, a 1998 model 5 door 300Tdi manual that was built in July 1998, after they supposedly finished building them at the end of June!

So it should be possible to replicate a 'factory spec' and still retain central locking working off the key, but I am not sure what components are fitted to the vehicle to achieve that.

I run my 1983 110 using the engine and loom from a late 300 tdi disco. Nothing special, just threw away all the gubbins associated with the alarm and central locking etc and connected the wires needed across a new multi connector on the bulkhead. Very straightforward to be fair and works fine

Thanks for your replys, that sounds not too bad OF. I was just wondering whether I could energise the starter relay from the ignition switch so it bypasses the immobiliser. If so which number on the relay would it go into? Sorry for the novice questions!

Open up,the electrical manual, you need to remove the spider located under the radio (this is a partial dash removal) and the immobiliser which is under the passenger glove box.

If you look at the wiring diagrams it gives you the connections on the connector(s) to bypass - use an insulated paper clip - and hey presto you no longer have anti-theft alarm or remote door access.

If you have a problem get back to me

Thanks for your replys, that sounds not too bad OF. I was just wondering whether I could energise the starter relay from the ignition switch so it bypasses the immobiliser. If so which number on the relay would it go into? Sorry for the novice questions!

Boydie, I have the 3 wire dds so from what I have read that model doesn't have a spider?

If you have no spider then happy days you dont have any anti theft devices to worry about, just bypass the central locking unit under the glove box, from faded memory it's a green PCU device and the wiring diagram shows you the bridge wire - with and without central door locking -

1998 models in the UK probably had the electronic diesel control (EDC) engine which didn't have a spider because the anti theft is built in to the electronics. No idea how to get rid of it from there!