Ok so iv been out wiring up my 90 conversion but the 300tdi i bought came without a wiring loom. The 90 i bought had all pipes and wires labelled as the engine had been removed. Iv managed to get the starter, alternator, glow plugs, stop solenoid and oul presure switch wired in but im strugglung with the water temp sender. In the old 2.5na loom theres a green wire with a female connector stops approx 4 inch from where the terminals for the alternator connections are. Anyone any idea what this is?

Also the loom had been bodged with an old block connector near the bulkhead and labeled water temp, but this is approx 12-14 inches from the sender. Iv extended the wire properly to reach the sender but need to know what i fit in the end of the cable to attach it to the temp sender?

on older pre Tdi engines the coolant temp sender was at the left hand rear top face of cylinder head.

to attach to the 300tdi sender you'll need a female bullet connect, closed up to fit on the sender terminal pin.