AULRO Winter Wombat 05-07 August

hangover

Every August a group of Victorian AULRO forum members get together for a spit roast in the bush, Wombat State Park is approx. 1hr NW of Melbourne and for me an easy 1hr15mins towing my camper trailer.

Traditionally this weekend is the coldest of our winter with daytime temps of 8-12c and overnight down to -6.7c , this year it was fairly mild with Friday night getting close to 0 and Saturday night a bit warmer like 3-4c.

Not really a problem as we have a roaring fire and after a few drinks you dont notice the cold , there are a lot of good varied tracks thru out the area from scenic drives to hard tracks with huge bog holes and steep slippery and muddy hills.

Saturday is our trips day in case we get caught on tough tracks or spend too much time recovering vehicles , i didnt get a lot of pics but here are some of what i did get.

what was the go with the joker in the challenger?

Apparently the night before we found him he had swerved to miss a big roo and ended up in the ditch, he wasnt from our group.

When we arrived on the scene his old man in his 2wd ute was trying to pull him out with a strap wrapped around his towball.