Starting my Rear Toy Conversion

dv8i

Hi to all

I'm thinking to start my Rear toy conversion in a rover axles that i have in my garage for a long time ago.

Well i need to know the ref of the Toy housing because in Portugal its hard to find a V6 housing

I have one from the Toyota Land cruiser Kzj70 3.0T in portugal we call Toyota Vx3 that's one fits?

Another question is about the Ring and Pinion

for a set of 37" what R&P?? from where?? yukon? or other?

I'm running maxxis 35" in a KAM 4.75 R&P anda have a ZF autbox...

Who help's?

Cheers from Portugal

Hi to all

I'm thinking to start my Rear toy conversion in a rover axles that i have in my garage for a long time ago.

Well i need to know the ref of the Toy housing because in Portugal its hard to find a V6 housing

I have one from the Toyota Land cruiser Kzj70 3.0T in portugal we call Toyota Vx3 that's one fits?

Another question is about the Ring and Pinion

for a set of 37" what R&P?? from where?? yukon? or other?

I'm running maxxis 35" in a KAM 4.75 R&P anda have a ZF autbox...

Who help's?

Cheers from Portugal

Bom Dia....

Tel# De Casa?

Lorencio

Hey Miranda...

For the rear you will need:

1. ARB part # RD23 (30 spline, Toyota 8")

2. Toyota LOW PINION, 8" V6 housing. These can be taken off the 4Runner SR5V6, and some Hi-luxes, main thing is that these housings have 6 webbings instead of the 4 cyl 4 webbing...also, main difference is that the V6 housing uses 50mm outside bearing diameter vs 45mm on the 4cyl one. You can also find them in the BJ73 or even FJ70.

3. 2 x 30 spline axles (Rover Tracks in US or Jac Mac in Aust)

4. You need to vore out the spindles in the rear (IIRC, they went from 32mm to 35mm, but I could be wrong)

5. You need the 30 spline Rover pattern flanges (same sources as above).

With the new 10 bolts drilled and everthing therein, you should have it done in a day for the first time, then 1/2 a day for the second and thereafer...

I am sure others will chime in with more detail that I may have missed

For gearing, I's suggest 4.88, the 2.74% difference between front and rear until you get the front on Toy set-up should be negligeable with Open diffs on the road...

Thanks to All

Nadim the problem here its the V6 its a rare thing in Portugal... I have lot's of Hilux in Portugal and all uses the same ARB locker the RD23..

They are diesel motors so i think it uses the 4 cylinder diff. but the ARB it's the same.. the R&P will be less stronger? or what's the real problem?

Sorry about the English Smile

Hey,

If they use the RD23, then you are 1/2 way there, just measure the outside carrier bearing diameter and you NEED it to be 50mm and NOT 45mm...

The "4cyl" models have a weaker 3rd member where the pinion MAY be more eligeable to move away from the ring. Also the bearing size above mentioned.

If you cannot source one locally, STRONGLY suggest you source from an outside country...since you are doing the Toy conversion, it'd be a shame going 90% instead of the 100% benefits...