2 Auxiliary Batteries

Good morning everyone.

Just need some help with the electrics.

In China at the moment on our way down to Malaysia, then back home via the Stan's once again. I have 2 Batteries one for the Defender 75 amp deep cycle and one for the camper at the back 75 amp of the shelf Russian thing. The leisure battery is constantly empty after standing for 24 hours. The leisure battery is for a small fridge and what led lighting. I have a 140 watt solar panel but is not a great help due to the fact it doesn't get much sun cause of  all the smog or its peeing it down. The leisure battery is only 75 amp, (the odessey deep cycle packed up in Russia). My question is if I buy another 100amp battery, so that means I'll have 3 batteries,  1 for the Defender and 2 leisure for the camper, will a 65 amp alternator be able to charge them all.

Appreciate 

Unless the fridge is drawing tonnes of power I'd suspect your Russian leisure battery is kaput. Chaining an unmatched new battery to a potentially knackered 2nd one will not help, you'd be better off ditching the dead one.

The alternator will do the best it can, if it's really struggling the charge light will come on. You can run the engine whilst parked to top it up.

If things are tight, run the fridge flat-out all the time you're driving to get it really frosty, then turn it right down (or off) overnight. More thermal mass (freezer packs, bottles/cans of beer or other liquid) in the fridge will help keep it cooler longer.

If you don't have a low-voltage cutoff on the fridge then that could be the reason your battery died, running them flat will damage them - expensive ones like Odessey will tolerate this but I'll bet your Russian one won't.

What sort of fridge are you running?

What he said.

Adding a 3rd battery will just add problems if that leisure battery is kaput..

Get a good new one to replace the leisure one, run the fridge as much with engine running if possible.

We see most problems with the clients' vehicles with their electrics, esp. split charge systems.

Keep it simple & have fun.