SRS Air Bag Light

vic24

Hi There

Recently started up my discovery and noticed that SRS light on dashboard hadn't gone off after the usual 5-10 second test,

Is this anything to worry about and can i get away with not taking it to a land rover dealership, if so does anyone know how to turn it off?

Any advice grateful

Cheers.

You need a Testbook to reset the fault code, no other way and it will not self-clear even if the fault has gone. If there is a fault, most likely cause is the coupler in the steering wheel which will sting you to the tune of £200 plus to replace!

You need a Testbook to reset the fault code, no other way and it will not self-clear even if the fault has gone. If there is a fault, most likely cause is the coupler in the steering wheel which will sting you to the tune of £200 plus to replace!

I agree with Stephen, more than likely a fault in the (official name)

Rotary coupler

The rotary coupler also controls the horn (hooter :) .....and the cruise control...so if they are still working it may be another fault but i doubt it........

This rotary coupler is an intricate device which lives beneath the steering wheel......If you have access to the workshop manual or RAVE read up on it........

I had the same problem and bought an used coupler, it came in "not taped in place" I've yet to fit it but i anticipate problems with it........There is a rather complicated way to "reset" it to the correct position as outlined in RAVE.......

Anyway not looking forward to doing the job.........

Good Luck with yours mate :)

Hi There

Recently started up my discovery and noticed that SRS light on dashboard hadn't gone off after the usual 5-10 second test,

Is this anything to worry about and can i get away with not taking it to a land rover dealership, if so does anyone know how to turn it off?

Any advice grateful

Cheers.

Similar thing recently with my Tdi. The light started to malfunction after I removed some fuses, apparently it is quite common if any electrical work has been done, even just disconnecting the battery can sometimes cause the problem. So looking on the bright side it may just need the system resetting, unfortunately that has to be done by plugging in a compter at a dealers.