6 replies to this topic

#1 teessidelad25

teessidelad25

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:49 PM

Hi
I love my P38 2001 range rover to bits but my family has expanded again and now need to look at fitting a rear seat conversion kit to turn it into 7 seats. Does anyone know where i can get a kit or find someone who fits them. i found one on ebay which came from a 2003 rr but not sure if it will fit into a P38.

Anyone fitted a conversion kit ????

#2 SteveG

SteveG

Old Hand

• Supporters
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:34 AM

I had Overfinch fit 7 seat conversion to a couple of P38's and also Latest Range Rovers. Pics of latest one below. Sorry couldn't find any pics of P38 ones.

From memory I'd say you would have difficulty in fitting later ones to a P38. Fixings, size and angles are all wrong.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see the P38 seatbelts in this pic. Ignore the centre one as that was for a 3point centre belt. The two belts fixed to same upper fixing point and existing rears and lower mounts were new...
Posted Image

#3 teessidelad25

teessidelad25

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hi
looks like a good job
do you know how much it cost ??? any contact details for overfinch ?

Carl

#4 teessidelad25

teessidelad25

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:05 PM

Hi
looks like a good job
do you know how much it cost ??? any contact details for overfinch ?

Carl

Contacted OVerfinch they dont do them for P38 anymore so need to find someone else

#5 SteveG

SteveG

Old Hand

• Supporters
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

They were about 1500+VAT a go IIRC, so expensive, but matched to LR leathers, piping etc and all good quality .

Steve

#6 Darren Roberts

Darren Roberts

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:57 PM

Hi,

I brought on I while back (sorry can't remeber who from) - it was about 130. Rang them first - told it was real easy to fit. When I got it there was no way it was going to fit without a lot of work - when I range and complained not only did they then say it was a lot of work but they got funny with me for complaining! It was bqasically a simple bench seat with a folding back, no seat belts etc.....

Just bloody typical of what happens in this country!

P.S. If you do find one it might be worth checking with the insurance company and I know that Series 2 Discoveries that have the thrid row seats retro fitted don't meet type approval unless they have the air suspension on the back and the suspension computer re-programmed.

Good luck with the hunting!

#7 Reg

Reg

• Settled In
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:53 AM

I bought a back seat conversion for my P38 from ebay which was delivered to my son's house where the car was waiting ready to ship. When I got to check it I found that there were no belts and there was only one fixing bracket. The vendor sold it complete with all brackets. It is now decorating my garage floor..... about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
Land Rover owners don't idle well
spot on but it'l have to do.
1998 Range Rover P38 1955 SI 86 with SIII running gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users