Heavy Duty Track Rod. Bearmach BA220

I've read that when using the HD track rod the stearing dampner isn't required. I'd obviously like to keep mine on.

Has anyone fitted the Bearmach BA220 and can tell me if i can leave the stearing dampner fitted?

Thanks

Catalog Wording>>>>

""""Features: No steering damper required. The heavy steel takes stress off the

ball joints. Rods and joints last longer.""""

the damper is there to make driving on rough terrain easier, and to stop large jolts on the steering transferring thru the column to your hands...

I cant see why it would be unneccesary with a HD Track Rod? Surely fitting a HD rod means your more likely to be doing offroading work?

Its arguably unneccesary if your driving solely on tarmac though.

The steering damper fits to the drop arm adapter to a point on the near-side chassis, so it doesn't matter what steering bars you run, it can still be fitted. (Unless you change the steering drop-arm (from the steering box) to the Discovery type)

I have the Bearmach HD Drag Link and Tie Rod and run a delphi steering damper in the usual Defender position without any issues whatsoever.

Dan - you can run without a steering damper, in fact some challenge competitors do. It's one less thing to damage. The downside is that driving the vehicle on the road becomes a more active experience where you will feel every knock, bump and pothole.

I ran my old Range Rover without one for a while (while I was waiting for a conversion kit to move it to the Defender position) and it was amazing what difference it made.

Dan - you can run without a steering damper, in fact some challenge competitors do. It's one less thing to damage. The downside is that driving the vehicle on the road becomes a more active experience where you will feel every knock, bump and pothole.

I ran my old Range Rover without one for a while (while I was waiting for a conversion kit to move it to the Defender position) and it was amazing what difference it made.

Ahaa Orange.. Something learnt for the day!! Thanks.....smile.gif