Refurbishing Wolf rims

I have some black(ish) wolf rims with a bit of surface rust on and the lacquer (sp?) underneath is coming off so before i fit the tyres any ideas on ways fwd, shot blast i guess but best way or repainting or recommendations of someone in the SW.

galvanising is a bit too bling for my truck plus it would come off if i pinged a rim.

sand blasting was only an option as a mate would do it for not alot really and save me time wire brushing.

Mike - that paint is worth using then? do you need several layers and will it spray on?

James

Some time ago I managed to aquire six Discovery steel wheels.

I paid 100 quid to have them blasted.

I sprayed them straight away. Lots of tins of paint.

Took the truck to Namibia. The wheels were in a worse state than before I left when I came back.

The wire brush came out. I will admit to using Hammerite because Wicks didn't have the colour I wanted.

They are still in a reasonable condition two years later.

I painted the battery box when I cut it to take a big battery with Wicks straight on to Metal paint. Four years later still not a mark.

The military rear bumperetts were done with Wicks pasint. It's starting to come away now but I'll not be painting it again.

In my opinion the Wicks stuff goes on better. Doesnt crack and lasts longer.

How much can I get from Wicks for this post :rolleyes:

mike

I brush painted one coat.

sand blasted then galvanised! then leave them silver. :ph34r:

Hi, I thought about doing this but wimped out because I was unsure if the galv would create a smooth enough finnish for the tubeless tyres. How long ago did you do it? have you had any problems? are yours tubed or tubeless?

Gaza