200Tdi engine vibration with new rubber mounts

Marco

Hi,

Jsut replaced the rubber engine mounts on my 200Tdi and right now I do have a bad vibration. Expect them maybe to be more stiff? And are there any alternatives?

Or maybe the engine is sitting a little higher now touching the body? Due to the rainy weather I can not check that one right now :-(

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Marco

are the rubber mounts Genuine LR parts or from another supplier ?

Non genuine, not sure about the brand though. They are not Britpart.

what was wrong with the old mounts ? soft or split

haven't had any excess vibration from my 200TDi's genuine mounts, maybe they are to soft [non orignial] and allowing excess movement

They are a bit deformed + oily and with upcoming MOT I decided to replace them... right now I do regret!

No not soft, could they be to stiff?

new genuine are quite stiff from new, so doubt the ones you have fitted would be any stiffer, but suppose it's possible,

have you looked at the gearbox rubber mounts as well, these are the same as the engine rubber mounts & if soft/worn or seperated from the metal baclplates plates could cause a vibration.

new genuine are quite stiff from new, so doubt the ones you have fitted would be any stiffer, but suppose it's possible,

have you looked at the gearbox rubber mounts as well, these are the same as the engine rubber mounts & if soft/worn or seperated from the metal baclplates plates could cause a vibration.

OK than it has to be something else, gearbox mounts have been replaced last year and should be fine, will have to check. Maybe it's just something basic like touching the body somewhere.

I've now fitted ANR1808 / MRP2227 (turbo diesel / 4cyl.) made by Karsons... Looking at the parts list I do need ANR2488 for 200Tdi.... Main question are they the same / what's the difference? Can not find an image of both on the web.

Tried to move the engine a bit but so far no change, the anoying vibrating/drumming noise is still there.

Cheers

Marco

I've now fitted ANR1808 / MRP2227 (turbo diesel / 4cyl.) made by Karsons... Looking at the parts list I do need ANR2488 for 200Tdi.... Main question are they the same / what's the difference? Can not find an image of both on the web.

Tried to move the engine a bit but so far no change, the anoying vibrating/drumming noise is still there.

Cheers

Marco

Marco,

When I changed my engine from a TD to a 200 Tdi, I fitted genuine part engine rubbers as specified for the Tdi.

I had much the same result as you've found - lots of transmitted vibration. I thought I'd done something wrong with the install - I checked everything - I must have re-hung the exhaust a dozen times and checked and adjusted everything else.

In the end I fitted another set of engine rubbers - ones I had on the shelf that I'd bought a couple of years earlier and as spec'd for a Range Rover V8.

They've been on there for about 2 years now no problem. The vibration is minimal and I'm well pleased.

Bottom line - try a different set of rubbers - it doesn't take long to change them and it could make a big difference.

Matt

Cheers

Marco

ANR1808 are correct for the 200Tdi engine [got these in my 110]

TD uses ANR1808 from chassis JA920703 or NRC9560 upto chassis JA920702 which is the same for the 2.5n/a diesel engine & the 2.5 petrol uses ANR1808.

so my paper genuine parts book [1987 on 110] tells me :D

Update on this one, just replaced the new mounts with the ones out of the dust bin. And guess what, the vibration has gone. Not a real solution but for the time being it's OK. Will buy another brand (not Karsons) and fit those at a later stage.

Cheers

Marco