90 pulsing through the brake pedal

Since rebuilding all the hub seals/bearings (satisfying job, if I say so myself) and replacing the brake pads, I'm now getting a pulsing through the brake pedal when applying the anchors. I'm happy that everything is back in place as it should be. This only happened when I did the second side.

Discs were skimmed a minimal amount as they weren't healthy with the carp that had got into the brake pads and worn them really badly. That's my fault, one to bear in mind - need to check them more often.

I don't think the discs are warped, would anyone have any ideas why the system pulses back up through the pedal ? (No ABS, naturally)

I do have a thread here about a bad wobble, but don't think that's causing the brake issue.

Thanks

A

As far as I know it can only be caused by the run-out of the discs.

Has the side with the fault seated correctly? nothing trapped on the surface to stop it sitting square? or has the shop not skimmed it square?

I'd pull it off, check the surface faces and if they are ok I'd get the run-out checked.

loose wheel bearings

wont be wheel bearings, as once the pedal is pressed it straightens itself and no pulsing will be evident. Only thing loose bearings does is allow the disks to push the pistons into the calipers meaning you get a soft pedal on the first depression.

it will be the disk run-out.

a single tiny bit of muck or grit behind one disk/hub mating surface is enough to cause this pulsing. It has to be clinically clean and flat to prevent issues when you put then back together! If you are absolutely sure you havent damaged either surface removing the disks (has been known for people to use a hammer and screwdriver to break them apart if they are stuck solid) and its all perfectly clean - i would suspect the skimming has knackered them.

new disks aren't expensive... new is easier than mucking about with the old ones.

f you are absolutely sure you havent damaged either surface removing the disks (has been known for people to use a hammer and screwdriver to break them apart if they are stuck solid) and its all perfectly clean - i would suspect the skimming has knackered them.

:o

There *may* have been a little brutality pushing one of the pistons back into the caliper. May...... :ph34r:

Might just go for some new ones, will take the wheel off tonight and check the runout. Cheers

(also, all bearings and seals were done at the same time. Both sides. Unjustifiably proud of myself too!)