Glow Plugs

Dirtylarry

Hi All

I am trying to get the glow plugs working on the car. (Discovery 1, N-reg, immobiliser disconnected)

The circuit for the relay is all wired in and works. there is a fused connect (60A) straight to the battery. I have tested for continuity from the relay to the glow plugs at 1.5 ohms.

what happens is when the circuit is activated the fuse blows straight away. It looks like I have a short-circuit, I have yet to get down and dirty and look for a bare wire.

what I am wondering is

1. Could the short circuit be due to the disconnected immobiliser circuit still being live?

2. If I were to disconnect the yellow/black from the relay to glow plugs (it disappears into a spider and I do not know what is going on in there) and put in another wire direct from the relay to the glow plugs, would that possibly cut out the short-circuit, or is it likely to be there anyway?

3. there is a strange little plate on the engine side of the bulkhead just close to the washer reservoir. what is it? it appears to be functioning still, but it ends in a dead end...(i dont know if this is relevant)

hope that makes sense

Jamie