ex military 90 wiring

Quick thing

1. does anyone have the wiring diagram for an 86 military def 90-with the lights still on the lucas switch on the centre of the dash. Ive bodged a few things, but it'd make life a damn site easier

2. does anyone have any pics of their interiors/advice on rewiring. Ive just got a new bumper with twin spot and winch mounts (just need the winch!) now seems a good time to re jig it all. Ive already got a double battery system, so that isnt a problem. I saw a guy when I was out last week who had it all mounted on a ali dash plate (winch, lights, emergancy cut out, etc)

just curious as to everyones ideas and takes on what is probably a common situation

apologies if this thread has come up before.

Guest diesel_jim
Quick thing

1. does anyone have the wiring diagram for an 86 military def 90-with the lights still on the lucas switch on the centre of the dash. Ive bodged a few things, but it'd make life a damn site easier

PM me your email address, i'll fling some over.

cheers. How easy is it to rewire and fit a new style fusebox. Basically Im overhauling my landy (slowly and on a very tight budget). realistically, I need to refuse everything, probably re wire alot of things, run a few accesory wires.

Im no expert- said in a different topic i know a bit about electrictronics, and im not bad at wiring. Just not sure where to start and what approach to take!

thanks

Guest WALFY

On m 90 I changed the old style glass fuses for newer style blade fuses. I am absolutely pants and wiring and I managed it. Cost about 30 quid tops to do it all. All done with gen parts as well

cheers. How easy is it to rewire and fit a new style fusebox. Basically Im overhauling my landy (slowly and on a very tight budget). realistically, I need to refuse everything, probably re wire alot of things, run a few accesory wires.

Im no expert- said in a different topic i know a bit about electrictronics, and im not bad at wiring. Just not sure where to start and what approach to take!

thanks

The later blade type fusebox is available from Land Rover as a replacement for the older glass fuse type -

• Fuseblock = PRC4826 - £4.52
  • Connector to fit 0.5 - 1.0mm2 cable = STC4034 - £3.65
  • Connector to fit 1.1 - 2.0mm2 cable = STC4035 - £4.98
  • Connector to fit 2.5 - 3.0mm2 cable = STC4036 - £0.61

Prices are Retail inc. VAT from Feb. 2008 Microcat

Microcat doesn't specify the quantity of connectors supplied for the price shown.

Paul.

Guest WALFY
The later blade type fusebox is available from Land Rover as a replacement for the older glass fuse type -

Microcat doesn't specify the quantity of connectors supplied for the price shown.

Paul.

I do remember the brass connectors being expensive. IIRC that price is EACH :( . I went and saw the sparkys at work and blagged some.

is there any point me relaying all the cables? or is that just a waste of time. I dont want to have to come back and do it later, and if im having to lay one cable i may aswell do them all-i just got a new twin spot front bull bar, and im going to have to lay cable for them, am i not?

cheers for the prices. I might have to speak to mate in the REME....

• 4 years later...

Paul.

An update to this thread:

There's a seller on eBay, selling the Lucas-RISTS 20-Way Blade Fusebox & Terminals.

This is PRC4826 - with 40 x terminals, for only - £6.50

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140844488407

$(KGrHqZ,!i!F!LJwwIuhBQR3i8,9(w~~60_12.JPG